Statement on Markup of Pelosi’s Socialist Drug Plan
American Action Network President Dan Conston released the following statement as the House Committee on Energy and Commerce, and the House Committee on Education and Labor markup Nancy Pelosi’s socialist prescription drug takeover plan, H.R. 3:
“Nancy Pelosi and the far-left are pushing for a full-scale, socialist takeover of the entire American health care system, and their very first step is to seize control of your prescription drugs,” said AAN President Dan Conston.“Pelosi’s cruel drug pricing bill will limit access, force rationing, reduce innovation, and ultimately prevent Americans from receiving the life-saving treatments and drugs that they depend on. It is time for Pelosi drop her dangerous plan and instead work across the aisle on bipartisan solutions to lower the cost of prescription drugs for all Americans.”
For years, American Action Network has been leading the fight against the left’s plans to interfere with Americans’ prescription drug benefits. In just the past weeks, AAN launched multiple, multi-million dollar efforts encouraging lawmakers to reject meddling with Medicare prescription drug plans and attempts to implement socialist price-fixing schemes.
Read more about our efforts:
- AAN Blasts Pelosi’s Socialist Drug Plan Ahead of Hearing
- AAN Urges Lawmakers to Reject Pelosi’s Socialist Drug Plan
- AAN Blasts Pelosi’s Draft Socialist Prescription Drug Plan
- AAN launches $2.5 Million Campaign Opposing Socialist Price Controls in Medicare Part D – campaign spans 35 Congressional Districts with mail, digital and radio advertising.
- AAN Launches $2.9 Million Campaign Urging Congress to Reject Government Interference in Medicare Part D – campaign reaches the constituents of 46 Members of Congress and 11 U.S. Senators with mail and digital advertising.