AAN Blasts Pelosi’s Socialist Prescription Drug Plan
American Action Network President Dan Conston released the following statement on Nancy Pelosi’s draft prescription drug pricing plan, which would amount to a socialist, government takeover of every American’s prescription drug benefits:
“Make no mistake: Nancy Pelosi’s drug plan would be a socialist nightmare for any American that ever needs a prescription medication,” said AAN President Dan Conston. “Instead of proposing anything serious to reduce the cost of prescription drugs, Pelosi and her allies would rather double-down on a socialist agenda of government price fixing that will cause countless Americans to face the rationing of lifesaving medications and treatments. It’s just plain wrong and Members of Congress that care about their constituents’ well-being would be wise to reject it.”
The American Action Network has been leading a multi-million dollar campaign to fight the left’s calls for a government takeover of America’s prescription drug benefits. In February and August, AAN launched major campaigns targeting Members of Congress across the nation and urging them to reject these plans.
Read more about our efforts:
- AAN launches $2.5 Million Campaign Opposing Socialist Price Controls in Medicare Part D – campaign spans 35 Congressional Districts with mail, digital and radio advertising.
- AAN Launches $2.9 Million Campaign Urging Congress to Reject Government Interference in Medicare Part D – campaign reaches the constituents of 46 Members of Congress and 11 U.S. Senators with mail and digital advertising.
What conservatives are saying about Pelosi’s drug plan:
- Steve Forbes: Pelosi’s ‘Medicare-for-all’ strategy looks a lot like a big wooden horse
- Newt Gingrich: Pelosi’s drug plan “is worthy of a third world socialist dictatorship and a cave to the ultra hard left.”
- Americans for Tax Reform: Pelosi drug plan will destroy U.S. health care system
- Town Hall: Nancy Pelosi’s drug plan is laughable
- National Taxpayers Union: “Significant concerns” with Pelosi’s drug plan
- Taxpayers Protection Alliance: Pelosi’s drug plan “a nonstarter for any true conservative.