Balancing the Budget and Protecting Medicare
Center-right leaders in Congress Are Standing Up for America’s Priorities
To secure America’s future, we must eliminate massive federal deficits while protecting the programs millions of seniors rely on.
And that’s just what center-right leaders in the House of Representatives are doing.
Let’s take a look at two important bills the House has passed:
The House Republican Balanced Budget Plan:
- Balances in 10 years, the first step to reining in our national debt
- Repeals Obamacare, including its harmful cuts to Medicare
- Ensures a strong national defense to keep America safe
And much more.
Click here to read more about this balanced budget.
Strengthening Medicare Access Bill:
Year after year, Medicare physicians have faced double-digit payment cuts in providing health care to seniors. The result has often been uncertainty and loss for both doctors and senior patients. Now seniors could benefit from a doctor payment system that rewards quality, value and accountability in health care.
This reform bill:
- Strengthens and protects Medicare without raising taxes
- Protects seniors’ access to their doctors with certainty of payment
- Replaces failed Medicare payment gimmick with system that rewards quality and innovation
- Enacts structural reforms to an entitlement program – without raising a dime of taxes.
- Reduces the deficit over the long term
- Saves taxpayers $65 Billion in the first 10 years, then accelerates additional savings to $230 the next 10 years and even more beyond.
- Fights fraud, waste, and abuse in the Medicare system to protect the program for seniors.
Click here to read more about this important Medicare reform.
What we’re reading:
GOP-controlled House approves balanced budget plan
House Passes SGR Deal in Big, Bipartisan Fashion
Chairman Fred Upton: Say Goodbye to the SGR